Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Formula One Grand Prix


Have you ever sat in traffic, do you understand the frustrations of traffic and avoid traffic at all costs if possible. I do I spent three and a half hours in traffic one day from North 183 going to East 71. I was so aggregated that I thought about just getting out of my car and going to eat, let the traffic die down and then peruse my drive at that time. Austin is increasingly growing and now that we have this Formula One Grand Prix track the roads will continue to get worse. Travis County took consideration to expand the roads on the north side of the track and on FM 812, put in an exit ramp, cyclist’s lane and other improvements.  However, now they feel that it would be too expensive to consider spending right at about 9 to 10 million dollars in total cost overall for the expansion. At the first event it was averaged that one mile took roughly 45 minutes and that my friend is out rageous not to mention it took a little over three hours to clear the track completely. There are so many issues with this track that I feel that proper planning did not take place and this track was put together without considerations of its effects around it. When people get agitated they get stupid and people get hurt. Imagine a car stalled in any of these areas; whoa I do not want to be around for that, talk about insane. The issues here are only going to get worse before they get better and this is a prime example of stupidity. We are fast to build slow to think. Money, money, money that is all it has been about how we can bring it in but hate to dish it out. I for one will not be venturing down this avenue until I purchase a helicopter, I refuse to be caught in a mess for a few hours of watching people go in a circle; I can do that myself spinning donuts in the mall parking lot and go fast racing from the cops once there called. I don’t know I am simply one voice but I have this feeling that I’m not alone.
http://www.statesman.com/news/news/local/wider-roads-to-f1-track-not-needed-say-travis-coun/nTLqW/

1 comment:

  1. In the blog http://uggnoname.blogspot.com/ I found it interesting that you said you felt like you are not alone. You are not alone, and there are so many people trying to argue this point. I have found there to be more cons then pros ever since they have built the F1 track. I just am happy I don't live in that area. I hate traffic myself, and I would never allow myself to sit in traffic for as long as you did. Before building the track I am sure a lot of thought had to go around about the driving problems and what the neighborhood wanted and didn't want. I just do not think they put as much thought as they could have into it. I know money is such a big issue these days but if they can have the money to build the track for millions of people to come enjoy the races then I think they can manage to put the millions of dollars into what it would take to build more convenient roads for the people this effects. Good point. And you are one voice of many that also feel the same way you do.

    ReplyDelete